A case interview is the interview process management consulting firms like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Deloitte S&O et al use to screen and hire applicants. Case interviews test the interviewees ability to solve a business problem in a structured and logical way, using business judgement to draw conclusions and offer a recommendation when all the required information is not available.
ex-Partners of the major firms like McKinsey et al are best placed to train case interviewees since partners make the final hiring decision in the final interview. We use ex-McKinsey, BCG et al partners to train our clients. FIRMSconsulting is unique because we are the only case interview preparation service worldwide to use ex-partners. Recruiters, business analysts, associates and engagement managers do not make the final hiring decision. They only screen resumes and conduct early case interview rounds.
On this site you will find ex-partners training real people like Felix, Sanjeev, Rafik, Samantha, Alice Qinhua Zhou, Michael Klein, Jen Nwankwo, Zach Steinfeld, Assel etc., for case interviews, video/audio recording the entire case interview training process and placing them at the major firms. We deliberately pick participants with tougher profiles: previously declined, lacking brand name schools, limited business knowledge, away from the workforce for years, older profiles etc.
You can watch the video recordings and learn alongside them. We call this program The Consulting Offer and we have always placed at least 50% of participants in every season at either McKinsey, Bain or BCG. The placement rate is much higher when we include the placement numbers for other great firms like Deloitte S&O, Strategy&, Roland Berger etc.
While we have the largest library of case interview videos and podcasts, we have even more training programs on strategy. You can find them within Premium/Insider below or in the header and footer. We work with some of the most eminent former BCG, McKinsey et al partners to produce these programs.
Case interview preparation is like learning math. One should start with the basics of case interviews before attempting the most difficult case interview problems. Attempting the most difficult case interview problems first will hurt one’s confidence and lead to poor results since it is the equivalent of teaching math from advanced calculus. We find even very capable clients perform poorly when they start incorrectly.
We would recommend beginning your case interview preparation with the Experienced Hires Case Interview Preparation even if you are not an experienced hire. The program covers the basics very well and all clients report the best results when starting here. TCO 4, Assel Joins McKinsey should be next, followed by TCO I, Felix, then TCO 3, Jen Nwankwo joins Bain Boston and finally TCO 2, Kevin P Coyne, ex-McKinsey Partner & Worldwide Strategy Practice Co-Leader places Alice Zhou at McKinsey NYC.
We have trained more case interview participants than the list above and you should choose the additional episodes and solutions you would like to watch after you have completed the recommended seasons and participants above.
Since everyone is starting their case interview preparation from a different base of knowledge and skills, you may need more customized preparation advice. In that case, please read this detailed program guide we offer to help our clients prepare.
We teach from first principles. We do not recommend memorizing frameworks and we teach all our clients the ability to develop bespoke frameworks for each case. Our goal is to help you not only receive an offer, but to be a successful consultant whom will go on to have a great career beyond McKinsey or BCG.
* = FIRMSCONSULTING INSIDERS
- Programs with an * can only be viewed by FC Insiders
- FC Insider is a loyalty program: Premium subscribers can earn the elite FC Insider status giving you access to our most advanced programs when you have had 6 months of consecutive Premium membership and your membership is in good standing. Click on the FC Insider link for more details.
- FC Insiders can access our Apps and Website: Android + iOS + Roku + Apple TV Apps & StrategyTraining.com
- Ability to download videos into Apps
- Create playlists in Apps and website
- Auto-play feature on Apps and website
- Continue-watching feature between Apps and website
- Content streamed in HD where possible
- All other membership levels can only use content on the Firmsconsulting.com site
SUBSCRIBE FOR YOUR TEAM
- Did you know our training is streamed in over 150 countries 24hrs a day, 7 days a week?
- We power the internal strategy units of major companies and selected offices of major consulting firms. Our programs offer advanced training and project support to boutique consulting firms whom cannot afford to build their own high-quality training materials. We help level the playing field.
- Contact us on support (at) firmsconsulting.com if you would like to discuss a team-based subscription.
- Any existing subscriber may refer a new subscriber to any of our subscription programs.
- In the case of a referral, both the existing subscriber and new subscriber will receive a once-off discount equal to 20% of the value of the new subscribers' first monthly charge.
- To receive the discount the referring subscriber and new subscriber must email support (at) firmsconsulting.com no more than 5 days after the new subscriber joins.
FOR EVERY PLAN ABOVE...
- Streaming-only subscription service.
- Cancel at any time.