Final Update: The application deadline is 8pm ET on 2 January, 2015.
Update: The application window has now been open for 24 hrs. Based on the applications received, please read this feedback and the comments below to help you with your applications. We place a significant amount of weight on your personal circumstances, family background, where you grew up, how you grew up, where you currently are etc. We like photos of you, photos of your life and any other supporting material. We need to understand who you are. Sending through MBA application style essays is not what we are looking for. We want to know you and do not really care about perfect grammar, brilliant insights etc. Just tell us who you are in a sincere way with lots of detail. Good luck!
The most effective case interview training program in the world, according to our subscribers, participants and our placement results for McKinsey and BCG, is celebrating its third season: The Consulting Offer III.
We could say many things to explain the impact of this program, but the 50% success rate of both Seasons 1 and 2 for full-time offers from McKinsey and BCG says it all.
The 50% of participants who did not receive offers from McKinsey or BCG are also much better off. They believe the program was a life changing experience, but decided to use their new skill set and polished profiles in pursuing other career paths, usually internal consulting within Fortune 100 companies. One went into investment banking after declining an offer from McKinsey. We believe that without this change in direction, the success rate would have been even higher for McKinsey and BCG.
The third season will be grander, more effective and with improved training techniques as we are always looking for better ways to teach clients. It will not be a simple repeat of TCO I and TCO 2 with just the case questions changing. This is an immersive experience where we give you a complete career, skills, communication and image transformation.
This time we are going to get you into McKinsey and BCG, but also focus on building out your soft skills to ensure you are an outstanding management consultant who gets promoted in the minimum possible time. That is our goal for Season 3.
You have an opportunity to be a part of this great program. Not just to learn from it but to be in it, and to change your career trajectory by directly working with some of the most senior former partners of McKinsey etc. Where else can you receive this opportunity?
Here is the trailer to Season 2. As you can see, it was an opportunity of a lifetime for Alice and Michael, the participating candidates.
More importantly, based on feedback from our clients who worked through the program, the course changed their lives and allowed our subscribers to achieve the levels of performance they did not think were possible. That is why we want to continue building the program with a third, better, season.
If McKinsey and BCG have declined you before, and you are wondering if taking part in TCO III can change things for you, keep this in mind:
- Alice in Season 2 was previously declined at Bain and through TCO II ended up with offers from BCG and McKinsey New York City.
- Sanjeev was previously declined at BCG, Bain and McKinsey, and ended up at BCG Asia after TCO I.
Application Requirements: If you would like to apply for this career changing opportunity, this is what you need to do:
- Send your resume (any word format is fine)
- Send any cover letter you used (you do not need to create one for this application)
- Send us a short letter, mp3 or video explaining why you deserve this opportunity to be trained by some of the most senior partners. We want to hear what makes you special from all the other applicants. What is your background, what is your motivation and who are you as a person. This needs to be sincere and personal with details. This letter and supporting photos is the main document we will use to make a decision. You may include any photos or any other supporting material. The more material to help us understand your background, circumstances, life and family, the better.
- A photo of yourself
- Please send these to [email protected]
- There is an application cut-off. As soon as we find the candidates we will accept into the program, we cut-off applications. That could happen in a day, week or a month.
Are you eligible to enter?
- It is open to anyone anywhere in the world
- You need not be a US or Canadian Citizen
- If you are a student, preferably studying for an MBA
- We will consider experienced hires, undergraduates or advanced degree candidates.
- You could be applying to any office worldwide
- You must be applying to McKinsey, Bain, BCG or Roland Berger
- You should be in possession of a passport or eligible to receive one by early January 2015.
- You should be trying to interview around July 2015 – September 2015 so we can have an entire year to train you
- You can be applying to any practice
A couple of other things to note:
- Firmsconsulting bears the full cost of TCO III. Candidates successfully admitted into this program will not be required to pay for anything directly related to the program.
- The training will take place virtually, with likely in-person sessions in Toronto and Atlanta. This is similar to TCO II where the majority of the training took place virtually followed by a final session in Atlanta.
- We would want 50% Ivy League and 50% State school participants in TCO III. So do not be intimidated if you attend a non-target school.
- We are going to do deep-dives to work on your confidence, competence, commitment, case skills, communication, presence and courage. We will be holding a lot of discussions and sessions. We also will be talking to your friends, family, colleagues and peers as part of the program to better understand you and develop your training.
- We will be following a more immersive, exciting and invigorating format, improving on what we did in Season 2, to enhance the learning opportunity for our subscribers.
- We actively support minorities, females, LGBT and low-income clients. We encourage you to apply.
Below we share some photos from Season 2 – a taste of what Season 3 could be like. We look forward to your application.
If you have questions or comments, please do so in the comments below. It is difficult to respond to the many individual questions emailed in. To submit an application, please do so by emailing your full application package to [email protected]
We took over the largest conference center at the luxurious Ritz Carlton in Buckhead, Atlanta in the great state of Georgia.
We spent an entire day converting the room into an elegant production set.
Candidates went through every aspect of a McKinsey final round interview, including the closed-list dinner.
They received personal one-on-one mentoring from former McKinsey and BCG senior partners. Kevin P. Coyne who co-led McKinsey’s Worldwide Strategy Practice led Season2.
Non-participating guests, in this case from the Harvard Business School, watched the entire event and had an opportunity to have detailed discussions with the candidates and coaches while watching the entire session live.
The coaching, discussions and mentoring continued well after the camera’s went dark, which speaks to the commitment of the ex-partners like Coyne & Boricki who led the program in Season 2.
All of this culminated in the world’s most successful case interview training program. Now back for a 3rd major season.