1STRATEGY TRAINING THE RIGHT WAY
- Watch the detailed studies
- Use our consulting videos, toolkits and templates
- Master strategy and consulting skills
Realistic strategy studies
Led by ex-partners
Addressing significant business issues
Note that we teach from first-principles only. While you will see frameworks and processes, we teach you how to develop them and why we developed them. This means our training is more detailed and longer to ensure you understand why we do what we do on a real study.
Our flagship training programs recreate McKinsey, BCG et al studies to great detail. Every meeting, workshop, analysis and interaction is captured in highly realistic videos. Our aim is to help you learn the skills of the elite firms, as taught by ex-partners of the elite firms.
Our programs are streamed in >150 countries 24/7 and used my major consulting firms, companies and governments in all 7 continents. We have built the largest strategy training library.
Each study teaches the core problem solving skills using first-principles analyses, though they tackle different problems. They listed in order of difficulty and it is advisable to start with the M&A program since it was designed to teach the core skills it is assumed you will already possess the other programs.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Strategy Study.
- Market Entry Strategy Study.
- Corporate Strategy & Transformation Program.
This is just a small list of our programs. We have many more in a variety of formats covering a wide range of business issues. Our audio only versions are among our most popular along with the 21Day Programs to obtain measurable results in 21 days.
Each study is supported by detailed consulting videos, toolkits and templates explaining every step of the analyses and every skill used by the consulting team, including the all the material produced in the study. You will be able learn what we did, adapt it for your clients and deploy our tools.
Consultants, aspiring consultants, MBA students, executives and internal consultants can use these detailed guides and tools to become outstanding management consultants.
We have the created the most sophisticated and elaborate management consulting training program – the material is more detailed and useful than even that available at McKinsey, BCG or Bain. After using the material, a client will be able to walk into any strategy assignment and complete the study accurately and with confidence.
This is an overview of the foundational program. You should start here.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
STUDY / STREAM MANAGEMENT
- Role of an engagement manager
- Checklist for new managers
- Setting up a study
- Setting up the governance structure
- Making teams effectives / efficient
- How to select teams
- Managing work streams
- Building analyses plans and timelines from hypotheses
- Managing the study senior partner
- Preparing study charters
- Preparing timelines
- Preparing the project logic
- Conducting a pre-study expectations exchange with a manager / associate
- Managing client alignment meetings
- Preparing CEO-ready updates
- Delivering CEO presentations
- Providing feedback to consultants
- Coaching poorly performing consultants
PEOPLE / CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Culture difference assessment
- Management skills assessments
- Building a change-management program
- Culture Surveys
- Economic product clustering
- Capacity / capability gap identification
- Migration Maps
- Issue mapping
- Basic Activity Based Costing
- Basic NPV Calculation
- Strategy / Risk Assessment
- Options / scenario analyses
- Role of the business case leader
- Principles and assumptions
- Benefits tracking
- Top-down financial analyses
- Model drivers and levers
- Model architecture
- Model descriptions
- Top down / bottom up analyses
- Product identification analyses
- Technical compatibility auditing
CORE CONSULTING SKILLS
- Communicating with CEOs
- Conducting targeted strategy interventions
- What makes a strategy consultant different
- Setting the scope of the study
- Handling CEO disagreements
- From hypotheses to storyboards
- Creating perfect slides
- Planning / conducting / presenting focus interviews
- Presenting data
- Developing hypotheses in studies
- Applying MECE in studies
- Building decision trees in studies
- Using PASSAC to develop hypotheses
- Effective meeting management
- Communicating with clients
- Managing clients
- Pre-presenting to clients
- Providing stream status updates
- Importance of good design / formatting
- Validating a study
- Communicating within team
1 Director 10% time
1 EM 100% time
3 Associates 100% time
Region: North America
Function: Corporate Strategy