This very insightful and unusual podcast discusses the unique situation 5 of our clients face:
– They were rejected in the US by McKinsey NYC.
– Moscow (example city for one candidate) overruled the rejection, interviewed them and extended them an offer.
– Due to issues like conscription etc, they could not join Moscow immediately
– Moscow offered for them to start in Kiev, and remain there for 18 months before returning to Moscow.
– The candidate is not happy and is insisting the foreign McKinsey office staffs them in the US.
In this podcast I analyze the issue both from the US and foreign partners’ perspectives and offer some advice for the candidates. At a certain point, a candidate must understand the importance of being a team player.