Crowdsourcing America’s Renewal: Would you like to take part in a real, and live, financial services strategy study and contribute to renewing America as the world’s greatest nation?
In a first for a major strategy study, Firmsconsulting is going to work with our clients and members across the US to collect data on micro, small and medium-sized businesses run by immigrant and low-income entrepreneurs.
We are going to conduct an important financial services study which could provide the vital clues to meaningfully reduce inequality, create a viable path to the American middle class and help generate a measurable improvement in America’s competitiveness.
The Firmsconsulting team will run the market entry strategy study but will use data-points, exhibits and questionnaires submitted by our readers from around the USA. Therefore, this will be the first strategy study ever done which applies the rigor of management consulting analyses while crowdsourcing the collective wisdom of our readers.
Join our crowdsourcing strategy project by interviewing entrepreneurs who are immediately accessible to you.
A study for the people and of the people, should be guided by the people.
Download the questionnaire here.
Who will you interview?
- Immigrant and low-income entrepreneurs who are running businesses generating revenue of <$1,000 a day.
- The business must be located in Continental USA.
- It must be an owner operated business like a food-cart, delivery business, gardening business, hair-salon, cleaning business, translators etc.
- Immigrants and low-income workers who do not own a business should not be interviewed.
What do you need to do?
- Download the focus interview questionnaire above.
- Use the detailed interview guide to approach an immigrant or low-income entrepreneur and use the talking points to explain the nature of the study.
- Complete the questionnaire – it should take no more than 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take a few photos of the business (please do not photograph interviewees without their consent).
- Take short videos of the business if you can (please do not video interviewees without their consent).
- Be creative in your photos and showcase America’s greatness.
- Email the questionnaire back to us at [email protected] no later than 1 August 2014. Photos and videos would be great, and the sooner we receive them all the better!
What happens next?
- Follow our latest findings on Twitter, the Live Blog, Facebook and other social media.
- Watch us transform the questionnaire data into a roadmap to improve the lives of millions of hard working Americans.
What do you get for helping us, and America?
- Readers who submit completed questionnaires (with photos and videos attached) which we can use, will receive complimentary access to the executive summary of the findings and be invited to the online premiere of the findings.
- A feeling of pride knowing that you helped a fellow American.