Did you enjoy the program? If yes, how?
Yes for many reasons:
• The first time I learnt how to properly structure my answers to case questions
• I love the idea of Michael sharing his screen and drawing out the issue trees. I grasped the material a lot easier
• I felt that Michael made a lot of effort in the training sessions especially when my next interview was confirmed
• Extremely knowledgeable in all areas from even consulting companies in particular countries and his perception of them
• The perception of “he’s always there for anything I need” be it from how do I improve my communication skills to recommendations on GMAT which isn’t necessarily directly linked to me landing a consulting position
• Over delivering … this means a lot to me!!!
Did the program meet your expectations? If yes, how?
Yes please see answers in question 1 above.
What was the most important learning’s from the program?
• Importance of confidence in case interviews
• Breaking down the problem in a logical way via issue trees
• Importance of communicating clearly (practice, practice, practice)
Do you feel the program provided an advantage for you versus your own/other preparation? If so, in what way?
Yes it did:
• The delivery of training (via Skype 1-on-1 and screen sharing) is a lot more effective than reading an eBook
• Michael’s expertise and experience shows as he can outline not only what to do but what NOT to do
Can you recall any memorable moments?
• Not knowing the rough population of Japan during a case interview. Insightful in that my general knowledge of basic facts and world events was quite poor. I signed up to the Economist and Bloomberg Business Week within the month and read online sites / blogs etc quite regularly now.
Probably the biggest change / shift that took place.
• Receiving feedback on my CV and how different it was compared to other candidates
What would you like changed in the program?
• Notes summarizing session
• Clear action steps which are checked before the next session
Do you believe your coach was effective?
Yes, without doubt. It will be an honor to meet Michael in person one day.
Do you personally believe the sessions were tailored for your own development?
Yes. There were a few sessions where he identified the littlest areas to improve on e.g. general knowledge.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Keep up the great work. Not only do you help people land consulting positions but you help develop them into better people …
We have published the most useful client feedback. Our commitment to confidentiality prevents us from disclosing the identity of our clients and other confidential information, and we may alter details to prevent such disclosure. Some client feedback may be lightly edited for grammar, spelling or prose, though we never alter or remove any information. Clients in our consultants coaching program are forbidden from sharing sensitive client data with us.